Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS563767
This is a permanent part-time (0.76FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2019
Medina Primary School (PS) is seeking a reliable and organised individual to join their team in the role of Cleaner in Charge.
The successful applicant will organise and supervise cleaning staff and oversee the cleaner’s time-book, report absences and arrange relief staff. They liaise with Administration in relation to ordering of stock, stocktake of cleaning products and regular maintenance of cleaning equipment will be undertaken by the successful applicant. They will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters and provide on the job induction training for new cleaning staff. They will also ensure all leave and allowance forms are completed correctly before forwarding to the Manager Corporate Services. They will maintain the school environment in accordance with Departmental procedures and undertake cleaning of allocated internal and external areas.
The successful applicant will have the ability to work collaboratively and lead a team as well as the skills to use the available resources to their fullest capacity and find ways to maximise funds and resources accordingly.
Medina PS is located in the Town of Kwinana, and bordered by natural bushland, industry and established housing caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. Medina Primary School is a small school with the student population over the last few years between 180 and 230 students. Medina Primary School values its rich cultural diversity with approximately 30% of the student population being Aboriginal. At Medina we value family and community. You can find students of all ages playing happily together in the classroom and playground. Classes well resourced.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Medina PS please visit medinaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Karen Davey, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9419 2510 or emailing Karen.Davey1@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Karen Davey, Principal, on (08) 9419 2510 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it John.Oliver1@education.wa.edu.au
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 12 December 2018
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED