Karnet Prison Farm is a minimum-security prison located 75km south of Perth. The prison handles only male offenders and functions as a pre-release Centre that encourages offenders to be appropriately prepared for their return to the community as responsible citizens. The prison’s farm covers an area of approximately four hundred hectares, comprises an abattoir, dairy, poultry and a market garden for supply of meat, milk, eggs and vegetables for use by prisons throughout the state
The Administrative Assistant provides secretarial and administrative support to the Superintendent and Senior Management in order to assist the efficient and effective operation of the prison. Administrative support includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of all administrative records and filing, switchboard and reception duties, Official and social visit bookings, handling of correspondence, data collection and presentation, word processing, data entry and other computer based activities and general clerical and administrative duties.
This is a part time position working 30 hours per fortnight.
Job related requirements
Please see the attached JDF for more information about the Role Specific Responsibilities of this position. All Departmental employees are required to undergo a National Criminal History check.
Further job related information
If you are interested in this position and would like further information on the role, contact Maria Monaghan on (08) 9526 3266.
How to apply
The Department preferred method of application is via the Apply Now button below. You will be required to complete relevant personal information and attach documents as requested.
- Provide a current resume including the contact details of 2 recent work referees and a statement addressing the following work related requirements in no more than 2 pages:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Information and Knowledge Management
Any remaining work related requirements as listed in the JDF may be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
Please ensure that at least 1 referee is a current or recent supervisor/line manager.
Forwarding your application
To apply applicants are requested to:
Apply online (Preferred)
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen
- Complete all of the online application questions
- Attach all required documentation
* Please note: Form PSD0001 will be required to be printed and completed if you are invited to interview, do not include with your application.
- Complete application for vacancy form which is attached to the advert
- Attach all required documentation and ensure all the above is stapled
- Post your completed application to:
DOJ Recruiting Branch
Department of Justice
GPO Box F317, PERTH WA 6841
- Proforma, faxed, hand delivered, emailed and late applications will not be accepted.
- As we prefer to contact you by email for any interview or other matter, you are encouraged to apply online and provide a current valid e-mail address.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Department upholds a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation.
Suitable applicants will be placed in a pool from which permanent, fixed term, full-time and part-time appointments may be made when similar vacancies at level occur. The pool will operate for a 12 month period.