Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS563537
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2019)
Can you make our School sparkle? Then we want you!!
Pannawonica Primary School (PS) is seeking a friendly, reliable and enthusiastic individual to work cooperatively as part of their team in the role of Cleaner
As a Cleaner, you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, and removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required.
Being a small and remote community, there is a strong focus on collaboration and communication both within the school and the town.
This position does not come with accommodation, so all applicants will need to reside in Pannawonica.
Staff at Pannawonica PS are motivated and professional. They have formed a tight collegiate group which collaborates well and responds effectively to student and community needs. The school adopts a 'whole of staff' approach and sees all staff involved in school planning, school activities and professional development.
Pannawonica PS is a fun place to work and learn. Student needs are the starting point for all teaching and learning at the school, and effective school community partnerships provide a structure for meeting these needs.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related
You are encouraged to contact Samantha Sylva, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Pannawonica, by telephoning (08) 9134 9100 or emailing Samantha.Sylva2@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 12 December 2018
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED