The Department of Communities brings together the services and functions of disability services, child protection and family support, housing, youth justice, community initiatives and regional services reform.
You must be of Aboriginal descent to be considered for this position, as per section 50d of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
As a Youth and Family Support Worker, you will build and maintain relationships with at-risk Aboriginal children, young people and their families.
Key duties include:
- Identifying and engaging with family groups, and developing a trusting and respectful relationship.
- Developing and supporting short-term and long-term solutions for the families, including those affected by family and domestic violence.
- Providing advice and support to those who may disclose abuse.
- Linking families with appropriate agency and community resources to ensure responses are initiated.
Some families may be reluctant to access the services of the Department and the WA Police, so it is imperative that you have excellent engagement and relationship building skills.
The attached Job Description Forms (JDF) provide more information about the positions. For further information on about the role or locations, we encourage you to contact Meredith Dickson, Team Leader, on 0418 480 977 (during business hours only – Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm).
Click here to see the benefits of working for the Department.
JOIN THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITIES
Apply online by clicking the ‘Apply for Job’ button (above or below) and provide the following documents in Word or PDF format only:
- A current resume/CV.
- A one (1) page covering letter outlining your skills and suitability for the role, in the context of the role and selection criteria.
- An application form (for hard copy applications only).
For technical difficulties while applying online or general recruitment enquiries please contact a HR team member on (08) 6552 9099.
Equality and Diversity
Department of Communities is striving towards breaking down barriers for all West Australians through eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of our service delivery. The agency embraces diversity and firmly believes that the best services come from a workplace where varied viewpoints are welcomed and encouraged every day.
Lodgement is system generated, any emailed or late submissions on or after 4:00pm will not be accepted.
- Application Form
- Information for Applicants
- JDF - Youth and Family Support Worker (50d)
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.