This is for a permanent appointment.
Help make a difference while working in the stunning Kimberley. Broome Prison is a minimum-security prison for males and short-term female offenders and also accomodates medium and maximum security prisoners for short term remand periods.
The Cashier is responsible for managing the facility's petty cash float which includes management of prisoner gratuities and private cash, maintaining accurate phone records, data entry, weekly banking and regular reconciliations of all petty cash flow systems. This position is also responsible for accurate data entry and management of the Starnet phone system.
Job related requirements
Please see the attached JDF for more information about the Role Specific Responsibilities of this position. All Departmental employees are required to undergo a National Criminal History check.
Further job related information
If you are interested in this position and would like further information on the role, contact Rosie Stark on (08) 9193 8529.
How to apply
The Department preferred method of application is via the Apply Now button below. You will be required to complete relevant personal information and attach documents as requested.
Provide a current resume including the contact details of 2 recent work referees and a statement no longer than 2 A4 pages (back and front) addressing the following work related requirements:
- Numeracy Skills
- Communication Skills
- Team Work
- Computer Literacy
Any remaining work related requirements as listed in the JDF may be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
Please ensure that at least 1 referee is a current or recent supervisor/line manager.
Forwarding your application
To apply applicants are requested to:
Apply online (Preferred)
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen
- Complete all of the online application questions
- Attach all required documentation
* Please note: Form PSD0001 will be required to be printed and completed if you are invited to interview, do not include with your application.
- Complete application for vacancy form which is attached to the advert
- Attach all required documentation and ensure all the above is stapled
- Post your completed application to:
DOJ Recruiting Branch
Department of Justice
GPO Box F317, PERTH WA 6841
- Proforma, faxed, hand delivered, emailed and late applications will not be accepted.
- As we prefer to contact you by email for any interview or other matter, you are encouraged to apply online and provide a current valid e-mail address.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Department upholds a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation.
Suitable applicants will be placed in a pool from which permanent, full-time appointments may be made when similar vacancies at level occur. The pool will operate for a 12 month period.