Attention leaders in Adult Custodial Services.
Pardelup Prison Farm is seeking experienced applicants for the position of Stores/Canteen and Laundry Officer.
Pardelup Prison Farm is a minimum security prison situated approximately 27km west of Mount Barker. The farm is a 6,300 acre breeding property which supports and promotes the philosophy of a community reintegration facility for prisoners, combining three elements: the strong community focus of a work camp, the structured custodial environment of a traditional prison and the emphasis on reintegration that will be an increasingly important feature of all prisons in the future.
This position is responsible for the management of the stores / canteen and laundry functions at Pardelup Prison Farm. The position will be responsible for the purchase and distribution of goods for use in the operations of the prison, and those for personal use by prisoners. The position will ensure effective and efficient laundry practices that meet the required standards of cleanliness. The Officer will also be required to supervise and provide productive work for prisoners employed in the stores/canteen and laundry areas at Pardelup Prison Farm.
This is primarily a logistical position and logistical experience will be considered during the application process.
Job related requirements
Please note the following additional pre-appointment requirements to comply with the Prisons Act and Regulations and applicable Departmental policy and procedures. A successful applicant must:
- Complete the Employment Profile Assessment as determined by the DCS Recruitment Psychologist;
- Receive a clearance through a National Criminal History check and the Departmental integrity assessment;
- Possess a current ‘MR’ or ‘LR’ class motor vehicle driver’s licence;
- Possess a valid Senior First Aid qualification (or equivalent) received from an accredited training provider; and
- Be willing to undertake training applicable to the role through the Department’s Training Academy.
(Note: When applying for vacant positions, applicants are required to address the Work Related Requirements in the left-hand column only. The context and standards only provide general guidelines within which the Work Related Requirements will be applied).
Further job related information
If you are interested in this position and would like further information on the role, contact Dean Pedroli on (08) 9851 3704.
How to apply
The Department preferred method of application is via the Apply Now button below. You will be required to complete relevant personal information and attach documents as requested.
A current comprehensive Resume including the contact details of two recent referees and a statement (OF NO MORE THAN three pages) addressing the following essential work-related requirements (selection criteria):
Knowledge of practical application of stores management, canteen or laundry operations.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer Skills
Any remaining work related requirements as listed in the JDF may be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
Please ensure that at least 1 referee is a current or recent supervisor/line manager.
Forwarding your application
To apply, applicants are requested to:
Apply online (Preferred)
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen
- Complete all of the online application questions
- Attach all required documentation
* Please note: Form PSD0001 will be required to be printed and completed if you are invited to interview, do not include with your application.
- Complete application for vacancy form which is attached to the advert
- Attach all required documentation and ensure all the above is stapled
- Post your completed application to:
DCS Recruiting Branch
Department of Corrective Services
Locked Bag 22, Cloisters Square
Perth WA 6850
- Proforma, faxed, hand delivered, emailed and late applications will not be accepted.
- As we prefer to contact you by email for any interview or other matter, you are encouraged to apply online and provide a current valid email address.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Department upholds a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation.
Applicants who are found suitable may be considered for similar vacancies over a 12 month period.