Casuarina Prison is situated approximately 40km from the Perth CBD and is the state’s largest maximum security prison designed to hold sentenced prisoners of all classifications from across the state. The Prison caters for adult male prisoners who have committed violent and/or other serious offences and who have long terms of imprisonment.
The General Relief Officer will manage, organise and control all aspects of a various number of areas while relieving Vocational and Support Officers on leave. The officer will relieve in various positions including movements, video link, canteen, recreation, laundry, cleaning and others as instructed by prison management. The General Relief Officer will be responsible for the provision of productive work for prisoners and meeting training and production deadlines whilst maintaining the good order of the prison.
Job related requirements
Please see the attached JDF for more information about the Role Specific Responsibilities of this position. All Departmental employees are required to undergo a National Criminal History check.
Further job related information
If you are interested in this position and would like further information on the role, contact Brian Chadwick on (08) 9411 5502.
How to apply
The Department preferred method of application is via the Apply Now button below. You will be required to complete relevant personal information and attach documents as requested.
- Provide a current resume including the contact details of 2 recent work referees and a statement addressing the following work related requirements:
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Time Management and organisational skills
Any remaining work related requirements as listed in the JDF may be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
Please ensure that at least 1 referee is a current or recent supervisor/line manager.
Forwarding your application
To apply applicants are requested to:
Apply online (Preferred)
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen
- Complete all of the online application questions
- Attach all required documentation
* Please note: Form PSD0001 will be required to be printed and completed if you are invited to interview, do not include with your application.
- Complete application for vacancy form which is attached to the advert
- Attach all required documentation and ensure all the above is stapled
- Post your completed application to:
DOJ Recruiting Branch
Department of Justice
GPO Box F317, PERTH WA 6841
- Proforma, faxed, hand delivered, emailed and late applications will not be accepted.
- As we prefer to contact you by email for any interview or other matter, you are encouraged to apply online and provide a current valid e-mail address.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Department upholds a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation.
Applicants who are found suitable may be considered for similar vacancies at level over a 12 month period.