The future of transport?
Be part of it
Working for the Department of Transport (DoT) gives you the opportunity to play a part in connecting the people of Western Australia. We are a progressive organisation. We are leaders in providing safe, accessible, sustainable and efficient transport services and solutions that promote economic prosperity and enhance the lifestyles of all West Australians.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our team and be part of the future of transport.
We’re looking for
A creative and enthusiastic Graphic Designer to join our Communications team.
In this role you will provide a broad range of graphic design activities across the Department. You will work collaboratively to produce a range of diverse graphic design materials ranging from online broadcast and communications, to infographics, publications and other design elements for both traditional and digital communication channels.
You will be highly skilled and knowledgeable in graphic design principles and practices across traditional print, electronic and online media including website, social media, online promotional materials and photography.
As our ideal candidate, you will have a positive can-do attitude, be able to deliver innovative graphic design material and have a clear commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
This is a 6 (six) month fixed term contract opportunity, with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
We need someone who can
- Produce written and online graphic design materials at a consistently high level
- Work with and adapt existing graphic design concepts to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Expertly use industry-standard design software packages, such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Work to agreed service delivery priorities and business objectives to achieve desired outcomes
- Cultivate strong, productive working relationships and partnerships
- Be positive, flexible and adaptable to meet the ever-changing needs of the business unit
You can expect
- Exciting and diverse strategic projects that will shape the future of transport
- A highly experienced and motivated team and support from peers and management
- The opportunity to fully utilise your expertise and develop your career within a dynamic and forward thinking organisation
- A competitive salary, and 9.5% employer contributed superannuation and salary sacrifice options
How to apply
The attached applicant information pack and job description form (JDF) will provide a full outline of the role, responsibilities and selection criteria. This information will assist you with the preparation of your application.
We require you to submit:
- A detailed CV that clearly outlines the skills and experience you have gained in relation to the job description,
- A covering letter (one (1) page) outlining your relevant experience and what you can bring to this role, and
- Two (2) recent examples of your published graphic design works.
Documents should be saved in .doc or .pdf format - applications in other formats that cannot be opened will not be assessed.
Please ensure you allow sufficient time to submit your application, as late applications will not be accepted.
Click the “Apply for Job” button located on the bottom of this page to submit your application.
Please note that if deemed necessary we may choose to conduct a Candidate Search to supplement the field of applicants.
Equity and Diversity Statement
The Department of Transport promotes diversity and a workplace that is free of discrimination. People from culturally diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal Australians and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Applicants found suitable but not recommended for this vacancy, may be considered for subsequent similar vacancies in the Department of Transport in accordance with Part 5 (General Appointment) of the Commissioner's Instructions: Filling a Public Sector Vacancy.
For a confidential conversation about the role, please contact Angelika Fawcett, Director Communications on (08) 6551 6444.
If you have any questions regarding submitting your application or would like more information on the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment Team on (08) 6551 6888.
We have a great culture and live our values of Clear Direction, Fresh Thinking, Excellent Service and Great People.