Vacancy Reference No.919666
Senior Executive Service (SES) Senior Leadership Role
This is a Fixed Term Full Time appointment for 5 years.
Exciting opportunity to lead, build and shape the future of the Western Australian health system.
The Department of Health, led by the Director General, has been established as the System Manager responsible for the overall strategic direction, management and performance of the Western Australian (WA) public health system to ensure the delivery of high-quality, sustainable, safe and timely health services.
The WA public health system employs approximately 43,000 dedicated staff who ensure the health wellbeing of the State’s population throughout the metropolitan, regional and remote areas of WA. The WA health system as a single health entity covers an area covering approximately 2.5 million square kilometres.
The foundations that underpin essential services to the community include: supporting our workforce; robust standards for the delivery of high-quality and safe care, and optimal patient and community experience; sound financial management and clinical performance; supporting our workforce; infrastructure and information and communications technology (ICT) delivery; and supporting and enhancing research and innovation.
WA Health is committed to growing the Aboriginal workforce as a part of WA Health's Aboriginal Workforce Policy. As a measure to achieve equality, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 applies to this position. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
Position Profile: To be successful in this position you will be a committed, progressive and experienced leader with a proven ability to lead and inspire a sense of purpose and be able to think, act and focus strategically in order to:
- Lead key reforms and improvements in research planning, funding and translation across the WA health system.
- Lead the development of policy that supports agreed research strategies at the system level, providing direct support to key research funding arrangements for the WA health system and ensuring robust and effective engagement across research institutions, networks and bodies in WA.
Employee Benefits: In addition to the great salary our employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- 9.5% employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice. For further information go to: http://www.treasury.wa.gov.au/superannuation.aspx
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study leave/assistance.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
- Other professional and location based allowances.
Selection Criteria: Please see the attached Job Description Form.
For a confidential discussion: Please contact the Executive Director Clinical Leadership and Reform, Ms Karen Bradley on telephone (08) 9222 6451 (not to be contacted for questions about lodging your application).
Application Instructions: Applicants are advised to submit the following documents and information on line (Please note: Applicants must have a current, valid email address in order to apply online. This email address will be used for communication with applicants):
- Written statement demonstrating your knowledge, skills and experience relevant to the primary responsibilities of the position and the work related requirements (selection criteria) as outlined in the JDF
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- The name and contact details of two professional referees
These documents should be complete and ready to attach prior to applying online. Please ensure you allow sufficient time to complete the online application process as you will be required to answer various questions and attach your documentation.
To apply for this vacancy now, please click here.
If you experience difficulties while applying online, please contact Employment Services on 1300 367 894 (and select Option 2) for immediate assistance during business hours.
APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THAT THEIR APPLICATION IS RECEIVED IN FULL USING ONE OF THE METHODS OUTLINED IN THE APPLICANT INFORMATION PACKAGE PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME (PLEASE NOTE: EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED).
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.