The Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries (DLGSC)’s mission is to facilitate lively communities and economy and the offering of outstanding and inclusive sporting and cultural experiences.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace equity and diversity. Aboriginal people, young people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Department, please visit the website www.dlgsc.wa.gov.au.
About the role
Successful applicants will be considered for casual engagements and provide quality camp experiences with a strong focus on customer service.
Individuals who are keen to learn new life skills (such as roping, paddling, aquatic rescue and facilitation skills) and are interested in a service occupation (e.g. education assistants, teachers, hospitality employees and similar) are encouraged to apply.
Employment is seasonal, however during peak periods (Term 1 and Term 4) this can be up to five days per week for instructors who have a broad range of competencies. Employment is during business hours with some evening programs and weekend work available (no overnight stay required).
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are flexible to work casual hours, the ability to communicate openly and effectively with a strong customer focus, the ability to work alone as well as in a team environment, and experience in the delivery of client services.
Applicants must be able to attend a skills assessment and orientation program on either:
- 3 September 2018 (3/4 day)
- 6 September 2018 (3/4 day)Applicants who are successfully shortlisted will be provided the time and location of these programs.
A current (within 6 months) National Police Clearance Certificate will be required prior to commencement of employment and applicants must be able to obtain a current Working with Children Check if successful in their application.
Applicants will also need to obtain a First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 Provide First Aid or higher) alongside a current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certificate before being eligible for work.
The recreation camps are located at:
- Bickley Outdoor Recreation Camp (Orange Grove)
- Ern Halliday Recreation Camp (Hillarys)
- Point Walter Recreation and Conference Centre (Bicton)
- Woodman Point Recreation Camp (Munster)
Applicants who are willing to travel to more than one recreation camp should find greater hours of work are available to them.
How to apply for this position
Applying to work casually in our recreation camps can take a lot of your time. Before applying, you should read the Job Application Kit and Job Description Form (JDF) and determine if you have the necessary skills and abilities to meet each selection criterion.
We cannot consider someone for casual engagements if they do not meet all the essential work related requirements.
Applicants are encouraged to apply on-line and must provide;
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- a two A4 page (maximum) outline on your skills and knowledge in relation to the Work-Related Requirements that are listed on the attached Job Description Form
- a completed Application Form and Application Question Form (only if applying via email or post)For further details on how to apply please read the attached ‘Applicant Information Package’.
For further job related information, please contact Graham Sharpe on
(08) 94929780 or Graham.Sharpe@dlgsc.wa.gov.au (not to be contacted for an Applicant Information Package).
NO LATE OR PROFORMA APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
To avoid last minute congestion of the system which may result in your application being received after the closing time and therefore not be eligible, please endeavour to submit your application well before the closing time.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 24 August 2018 (3:00pm)