Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE543281
This is a fixed-term position concluding 31 December 2019 with possible extension and/or permanency commencing ASAP
The Department of Education’s Teaching and Learning Services Directorate is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Manager to establish and lead the Road Safety and Drug Education Branch. This branch is a specialised centre of expertise responsible for the delivery of the School Drug Education and Road Aware (SDERA) program. SDERA is a well-established program with a 20 year history of providing support to schools.
SDERA is the State Government’s primary strategy for road safety and drug education for young people and is available to all Western Australian public, Catholic and Independent schools. The program helps schools to implement evidence-based school alcohol and other drug and road safety education programs designed to contribute to the reduction of road related injuries and harms from alcohol and other drug use.
Program initiatives and resources target early childhood service providers and educators, school administrators, teachers, school support staff, parents/carers and the broader education community throughout Western Australia. The program includes:
- central resource development and advisory service;
- regional consultancy service;
- provision of curriculum support materials;
- support for early intervention initiatives; and
- provision of professional learning using flexible delivery options.
The Manager is responsible for the strategic planning, direction, implementation and evaluation of branch activities. The Manager will build the support and engagement of internal and external stakeholders, negotiating open lines of communication and facilitating cooperation through knowledge exchange to achieve the effective delivery of support and education programs to schools and other stakeholders.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Implements and manages strategy
- Achieves results
- Builds productive relationships
- Exemplifies personal integrity and self-awareness
- Communicates and influences effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Karen Webster, Director, Teaching and Learning Services by telephoning (08) 9402 6105 or emailing Karen.Webster@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A five (5) page CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 20 August 2018
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED