The Department of Aboriginal Affairs engages with Aboriginal Western Australians and all levels of Government to improve the delivery of services, to facilitate the development of policy and programs which
Driving reforms to the regulatory environment that improves its precision, clarity and efficiency.
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual to take on the role of Senior Heritage Officer. Reporting to the Team Leader you will:
- undertake project work relating to Aboriginal heritage, across Western Australia in line with the strategic direction of the heritage directorate, Department and State Government including the provision of advice to external stakeholders relating to the Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972;
- collaborate and work with stakeholders to develop heritage projects to preserve and protect Aboriginal Sites; and
- support the Team Leader in identifying and achieving heritage outcomes in line with the agreed Directorate outcomes.
There are various vacancies which will be offered as permanent full time positions. Suitable applicants will be placed in a pool and deployed depending on the Department’s business needs.
For Further Job Related Information please contact Tanya Butler on (08) 6551 8160 (not to be contacted for job application packages).
- A covering letter detailing the key responsibilities and achievements you have had during your career in the context of the job description and selection criteria/role requirements. The Job Description Form (JDF) identifies the job related requirements which must be addressed in your application, within the context of the position specific details as in this advert.
- A detailed CV/resume; and
- A completed application form.
To obtain the application package simply click on the link below, telephone (08) 6551 8036 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This information is also available in alternative formats upon request.
You are encouraged to apply on line by clicking the Apply for Job button. If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact DAA Human Resources on (08) 6551 8036. Applicants applying online need not attach the application form, but are required to complete the online application form.
The Department of Aboriginal Affairs is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Suitable applicants, not recommended for the advertised position, may be considered for other employment opportunities, in like positions and like locations during the next 12 months.
Substantive Equality Statement
The DAA is committed to ensuring that Aboriginal Western Australians live long, healthy and fulfilling lives. The Department recognises and values Aboriginal Land, Heritage and Culture and supports Aboriginal People in their needs and aspirations to share equally in the benefits of Western Australian society and economy.
Further information about DAA is available at www.daa.wa.gov.au
CLOSING DATE: Thursday , 15 December 2016 at 5.00pm