We are establishing a pool of eligible and highly motivated individuals to fill short term principal vacancies in WA public schools across the state. The pool may be used to fill vacancies of up to six months in duration. In some circumstances, where the needs of the school are best met by doing so, these appointments may be extended to up to nine months in duration.
If you are currently a fixed term or permanent teacher or school administrator and are looking for your next opportunity, or you are a recently retired school administrator, you are encouraged to apply. If you’ve recently moved to WA, and have school leadership experience you should also apply.
This is an open ended recruitment pool and applications can be submitted throughout the term of the pool.
A Level 5 Principal is appointed to the following types of schools:
- Primary schools with 301 to 700 students
- District High Schools with 150 to 450 students
- Agricultural colleges with more than 80 students
- Education Support schools with more than 80 students
In applying to this pool, you will determine the school/type of school you wish to be considered.
Information regarding principal positions in WA public schools can be found here.
Appointments from the Pool
Regional Executive Directors may consider applicants from the pool to fill short term principal vacancies up to six months in duration. Qualifications, experience and location availability will be considered when assessing an applicant’s suitability for possible placement.
You may be contacted by a Regional Executive Director to discuss your suitability for a specific vacancy or to discuss your suitability for future opportunities. Your referees may be contacted to verify your experience.
If you are a permanent employee with the Department your current line manager will need to approve your release before you can accept a fixed-term placement at another school.
Appointment to this pool does not guarantee employment.
Who should apply?
You should apply if you are:
- currently employed and are looking for acting opportunities
- looking to return to the Department to a short term placement
- looking to start a career in school administration in Western Australia.
As appointments from this pool will be required to commence immediately, you may only apply if you are currently residing in Australia.
How to apply
Applicants are required to provide a comprehensive resume, including the names of 2 professional referees. If you are currently employed, one of these referees should (if possible) be your current line manager.
Applications must be submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this advertisement and follow the instructions on your screen.
You will be asked to complete an online application form and attach supporting documentation. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to attach before clicking the “Apply for Job” button.
During the online application process you will be required to nominate the schools where you are interested in working. To assist you in identifying schools with a level 5 principal, download the Principal Classification Identifier from the Careers website.
Documentation required to progress your application includes:
- Evidence of your current Western Australian teacher registration Teachers Registration Board of Western Australia)
- Evidence of your teaching qualification (certificate of completion)
- Evidence of eligibility to work in Australia, including Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian work permit (e.g. citizenship papers, Australian work visa with date of entry - Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO).
- Identification (eg birth certificate, passport, change of name documentation - marriage certificate). *Please note we do not accept drivers licence.
- An up to date resume, including the contact details for two professional referees.
Applicants currently employed by the Department of Education are not required to provide evidence of identification, or teaching qualification.
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National Police History Check through the Department of Education’s Screening Unit, a valid Working with Children Check (https://workingwithchildren.wa.gov.au) and Western Australian teacher registration. These must be confirmed prior to commencing employment.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please telephone Staff Recruitment and Employment Services on (08) 9264 4127.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive this email, please telephone Staff Recruitment and Employment Services on (08) 9264 4127.
EMAILED AND HARD COPY APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.